Combating Junk Mail

I get so disgusted with all the junk mail I get in the mail that I have start taking my name off it all. Then put it back in the envelopes they give you postage paid and mail it all right back to them. Let them pay for the postage and save space in my trash can. Maybe they will stop all these random mailings to get you to buy something.

By Debbie from Berwick, ME

Answers:

Combating Junk Mail

I had a friend that did this same thing except he left his name on the mail. He wanted them to know he was not happy with their mailings and to remove his name from their mailing list. (02/01/2006)

By Luvyabye

Combating Junk Mail

Years ago I found a stamp that said "please take my name off your mailing list" and it had a trash can on it. I stamp it all over the order form that comes with catalogs and the actual mailing page and put it right back into the postage paid envelope and send it back to them. I also call them and tell them to remove my name and not give out to other companies if there is no postage paid envelopes. I very rarely receive any junk mail or catalogs anymore. (02/01/2006)

By LI Roe

Combating Junk Mail

I make labels that say"Refused Return to Sender" and put them over your name. Post office has to return them (02/01/2006)

By steve a

Combating Junk Mail

I use it for my advantage. Any plain paper is used for scratch paper, I cut the page in 4 pieces. Any envelopes are taken apart and turned inside out and used for my mailings. The envelope it came in is cut apart and plain insides used for grocery lists and other "reminder" shopping I need to do. (02/01/2006)

By suzq

Combating Junk Mail

I have done this for years also, sometimes even including junk mail from other companies. That way they can see what it feels like to keep getting junk, not just the stuff they send out. (02/02/2006)

By Dede

Combating Junk Mail

GOOD ONE! I was having my morning cup of coffee reading this and laughed so hard coffee came out my nose. I am telling you this is a tip I will use. (02/02/2006)

By meoowmom

Combating Junk Mail

I have been doing this for about a year. A lot of the "stuff" that comes has your name and address on the inside pages. If I have to waste time going through it all and removing and shredding, I feel that they have to pay for my time and it keeps the Postal Service in business. I get this type of junk mail every week - anywhere from three to ten per week. During the holiday season I got a record fifteen "offers". (02/02/2006)

By Margaret

Combating Junk Mail

You can also use those postage-paid envelope to send mail to others. Just print out a label and address to the person you are sending it to. You don't have to pay for postage, and the junk company is paying for you to use their envelope! (02/02/2006)

By Ashley

Combating Junk Mail

Go to greendimes.com, an amazing website, I reduced my junkmail by 90% (09/22/2008)

By dgt101

Dealing with Unwanted Mail
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Uses for Junk Mail, Mailbox Full of Junk Mail
Uses for Junk Mail
🎄