Browsing: Combined Birthday Party Ideas

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Combined Birthday Party Ideas

Many family members and friends have birthdays close to, or even share the same dates. This guide contains combined birthday party ideas.

Combined Birthday Party
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 14, 2014 Flag

My husband will be turning 35 June 9, our son will be turning 1 June 9, and our daughter will be turning 7 June 16. Because their birthdays are so close together my husband and I want to have a combined birthday. Our issue is we have no idea of a venue, or ideas of fun activities. Also, it's so hard to plan when we don't want to break the bank.

By Heather

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

June is a lovely time for a big park picnic. Sack races, egg spoon races, and the like. Bring "BYOS" or Build your own sandwiches, chips, soda and ask everyone to bring a salad. Make cupcakes so the transport is easier (you can get cupcake containers with lids at the dollar tree now) and have someone volunteer to make home made ice cream. Take lots of photo and your memories will last a life time. I hope this helps.

July 18, 2012 Flag

I am planning a combined birthday party for my son and daughter who are turning 7 and 4, respectively. I am thinking about Spongebob, any inexpensive ideas?

By Erica

I also have a son and daughter who are 3 years apart and this year will be the first year that we are having separate parties (they will be turning 9 and 6). I have done parties at our local park which also has a water play area. Having a party here was free except for the cost of party items and the kids had fun at the playground/water park.

We've also had a smaller party at our house and at a roller rink which was less expensive than a lot of other places. You can look at www.birthdaypartyideas.com for spongebob ideas as well. The dollar tree has good prices for invitations, colored plates, utensils etc. Walmart also has a party area with $1 items as well as more expensive themed items.

Sam's Club has good prices for cupcakes and cakes and walmart sells miny cupcakes which I think work great for little hands. I find not as much food is wasted with these. Or, I've made my own too. I have also sent invitations using evite.com which saves on postage (we have summer parties so they can't hand out invites at school). I've used smilebox. com to send thank you messages with party pictures.

I purchase items, such as juice drinks, when on sale and Sam's has mini water bottles that I find work well. I bring a marker to label bottles. For favors, I personally can't stand when my kids get a bag filled with junk toys. I try to get creative with favors but keep it within a budget too.

I've made big cookies on a stick wrapped really nice with a "thank you for sharing my special day with me" sticker, shaped crayons as animals when we had a Dora and Diego party (purchased off Etsy.com) and this year I am making cake pops which I will decorate nicely. Having parties can definitely be expensive! Hope these ideas help you. Good luck!

Use lots of generic Yellow stuff. A package of S-bob stickers can decorate these if you want. Use just a few S-bob accessories, or if your kids have S-bob toys, use them as centerpieces, etc. Dollar stores have "underwater/sea theme" accessories at this time of year as well.

Thank you for your advice. I was thinking of incorporating the little mermaid as my daughter is obsessed with it, and since their both underwater theme works great. I've tried making cake pops but it doesnt work for me, not sure what im doing wrong. And I agree with giving out goodybags that have useful things in it and not too much junk.

August 17, 2011 Flag

My aunt and I decided to have our 45th and 25th birthday parties together, but we can't decide on a theme that would be just right for the both of us. Any ideas?

By Tekeyia

How about movies for a theme? Decorate with posters, boxes from your favorite tapes/dvds, flowers, play music from the movies. Maybe even dress as movie characters.

What are the 2 of you each interested in? Gardening, Crafts, Collecting Angels? Find a common interest-or 2 & go with that. A few Streamers & Balloons never hurt either (Garden Tea Party/Angel craft or other Party)-get it? Have fun & good Luck! : )

45 and 25 are both great ages for a fashionista party idea. I celebrated one with my aunto, I was 45 and she was 65... everything was very pretty..... we decorated with shoes, purses, neckaces, art, etc.

February 21, 2008 Flag

My husband of twenty-five years will be turning the big 50 on Aug 30th of this year. Our daughter is turning 21 on Sep 1st. I'd like to have a party for both of them on the same day. Any ideas as how I can combine the two? Please help!

Dollyddg from West Lynn, MA

Do they have a hobby in common? Do they like the same kind of music? Do they love the same movie? You could build a theme around something like that. And at that time of the year you can always have a cookout, picnic, or day at the beach.

Are you leaning towards formal or fun?

I think it would be a blast to have his friends and her friends play a game of 'My Generation'

Have them along with their friends/family write on a piece of paper the styles, songs, sayings, presidents, ect... during their generation. I would make them mulitple answers to make it a little easier. You could also do an Iron Chef themed party... I had one last year and it was so fun I'll be doing it again this year. My theme was Italian desserts and this years will be Mexican casseroles. I bought the ingredients necessary and let the 'teams' destroy my kitchen :) I have no formal ideas lol

hope this stirs some ideas for you

Tell your DH and Daughter: Happy Birthday :)

Thank you for your ideas...This party may be fun, even for me. lol

September 10, 2009 Flag

My son is turning 4 on Nov. 29th and my daughter is turning 1 on Dec. 3rd.. I need to have a double birthday party but I have no idea how to do this or with what characters. How do I word the invitation? I know 1st parties are special. My son's was and I want to do the same for her but I have to have it together, they are only days apart. Please help me.

By madison2 from New Bedford

Who says you have to build a party around characters? You can use any theme you like, or no theme at all. Choose party hats, table covers, balloons and decorations in any color or pattern you like. It's a real money-saver when the cups, plates, etc. don't have to match or have popular cartoon images.

Rather than one large shared cake, give each child a cake of their own.

A great party invitation would feature a photo of both kids on the front. She should hold a sign that says, "My brother (or his name) is 4!" and his sign should read, "My sister is one!" Then on the inside, "Get ready for double birthday FUN!" If that's too much work, make simple invitation cards that say, NAME is 4, NAME is 1...

When you look at all the photos after the party, you will see that your children outshine anything you can buy! Let your imagination run wild, and have fun!

I don't mean to sound mean but if possible give them at different times if not days. He is going to be 4 and that is special as it is and he can do more than the other child. You don't want him to start thinking he can't have anything because of her. You can make his bigger and early in the day and then later have a small party for the sister. I just don't think birthdays should be shared unless they are twins because it is their day!

June 20, 2012 Flag

I need ideas for combining a party for my husband who will be turning 40 and his father who will be turning 60, two weeks apart July/August.

By HD

We have a large family and we all live about one or two hours away from each other. This is what we do: We celebrate 3 months ( Jan, Feb, March) etc on a day everyone can attend and we all bring a covered dish. Presents from the ones that have the funds, but never let not having the money for presents keep you from attending.

Since we have people of all ages celebrating, we usually do what time of year it may be. We are going to July, August and Sept in a few weeks, so it will be the 4th of July decor. We have about 20 or more attending. Also, celebrate with a personal party for your children at their real birthday time. We also alternate at whose house the party will be. This keeps us in touch with nieces, uncles, sisters, etc at least 4 times a year. These big family parties are always so much fun!

Holidays and Parties PartiesJune 26, 2012
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 14, 2016 at 10:43:48 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.