Community Center Fundraising Ideas

The community center in our area has in the past made quilts, afghans, etc. to raise money for the center's needs. But people now have plenty of that kind of stuff so we need some new ideas and suggestions for raffles. Hope you can help.

Beverly from Barmett, MO

Answers:

Community Center Fundraising Ideas

Hello, I am the supervisor for the Macon County Shelter Workshop in Macon MO.
We are getting ready to do a fundraiser ourselves, and I would be interested in the ones you have tried out. Could you e-mail me?

We are going to try our hand at selling Krispy Kreme donuts.
Not sure where your town is, but we will have to get them from an Independance store via their Columbia drop off. Yes, there is an initial investment, but once we have the donuts all we need sell them at is $2.80 a dozen to recover costs. So I am excited because the shelter stands to make a good $1,000.00 selling at $6.00 a dozen! I will try to let you know how that goes for us.
For this fundraiser it was the flexibility, the demand and the minimal work involved, that got me to take a good look at it.

The Chamber of Commerce, of which we are a member, did an e-mail flier to see how many we could pre-sell and I am half way to my halfway mark already! And we will have 4 booths around town the morning of pick up to sell off the rest.

They have a website, just look up Krispy Kreme and research their fundraiser tab.
P.S. the prices on their online flier were cheaper than what the store quoted to me. (02/12/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Community Center Fundraising Ideas

Collect donations from local businesses and have a penny sale. Most businesses big and small will donate. (02/12/2009)

By Debbie

Community Center Fundraising Ideas

If you have sewing scraps, you can make tote bags, which people are starting to use more for grocery shopping instead of taking home more plastic bags. You could also cut fabric into strips and crochet them into rugs. If you have yarn, younger people are enjoying the comeback of shawls, granny square scarves, and other accessories. There are patterns available these days for that. Old ironing board backing is good to use for the inside of hot pads. If you are having the sale in the early spring, you could start flower or vegetable seeds in hollowed out eggshells and sell them in open egg cartons for people to transplant. They simply crack the shell when it's time to plant and plant the whole thing. (02/13/2009)

By Annie998

Community Center Fundraising Ideas

Get donations from businesses and make themed baskets, like popcorn, movie tickets, and soda.
(02/15/2009)

By shirleyamh

Community Center Fundraising Ideas

I did a search for bazaar crafts and made lots of small bits and pieces such as tea towel angels, men's hankies into shirts with a comb and a razor, as well as a sample of shave foam (got from a company after requesting several sachet samples), ladies hankies into dresses, or parasols, kids hankies dressed paper dolls, cupcake/petit fours made from face washers, face washers made into bunnies and have added a small shower gel. Also, I also made kitchen bunnies with tea towels and dish cloths, also bikinis made out of dish cloths and pot scourers. I also made kids' sticker packets, and angels out of dolly pegs. When all added up we made close to $500. It was just before Christmas and many people were looking for trinket or simple gifts for the elderly in nursing homes. So usable items were most popular. (02/19/2009)

By Lyndall

Community Center Fundraising Ideas

Some of the gifts that we raffled off at our garden club, brought in a lot money. We went to local merchants and received gift cards for manicures, pedicures, hair cuts, and lunches. We had flower arrangements in a vase, donated by the flower shops. The spirit shops gave us bottles of wine, etc. We took these wine bottles, added a pair of stemware glasses, crackers, different little food items that pair with wine and made up a pretty gift basket. That one basket bought in $350. You could make any theme basket. You could make up a basket of Easter food, and add a gift card from a local meat market, bet that would sell. How about a garden theme basket, gloves, garden tools, seeds, bulbs, fertilizer, a few small flowering plants? If the basket is for the church raffle, how about some plants from the Bible? There is even a small book out there that can purchased, which names all of the plants in the bible, and how they were used. Be sure to add a nice big bow. Good luck. (02/19/2009)

By Jeannette1940

Arched window on a building with the words "Community Center"
Community Center Fundraising Ideas
Playcare Center
Name Ideas for a Playcare Center
A box of donated household goods.
Fundraising Ideas for a Nonprofit Organization
Finding a Good Retirement Community, Houses in a retirement community.
Finding a Good Retirement Community
Community Supported Agriculture Farm
Joining a Community Supported Agriculture Farm
🎉
🎄