Contacting Auntie in Australia

My auntie lives in Australia. I know her name, address, and where she works. She wrote my mum (her sister) a letter and my mum replied only for the letter to be sent back. I've looked on Facebook and other social media outlets and even rung her work, but it's a massive place and would charge my phone mega money. Where do I look now? Any help appreciated.

Does her workplace have a public website? You could contact them and tell them who you are via email, letting them know you're looking for your aunt.

I'm confused. You say you have her name, address and where she works. What are you still needing? If you have her name and address, can't you just write her a letter?

You could call her at work. If she wants to contact you later, you could use a computer program like Skype to chat with her face to face over the computer.

thankyou guys, i will email her work. I have written a letter and it got sent back to me which suggests she has moved?!

Questions: Has it been a long time since your mother and auntie have communicated before she received this letter? It seems this might be the case - if so, there must have been a reason your auntie wrote this letter? Did she indicate that she wanted to continue being in touch with your family? I am asking these questions because from what you are saying, your auntie does not wish to hear from your mother/family.

You say you have an address and where she works - was the letter your mother wrote sent to her home address - if so, what does it state on the returned letter as to why it was returned? Refused? No longer at this address? unknown? This would be the first item to consider.

You say you tried to call her at work but that it is a massive place and would cost a lot of money to continue the call - that is understandable.

It does appear that your auntie does not wish to keep in contact but if you wish to continue to pursue contact then you may just have to continue sending letters to the home address and hopefully she will accept one one day. If you have an address of where she works (or you can get it over the Internet since you have the name of the company) then you might want to send her a letter in care of the company/address and hopefully they will forward it to her department.

I would think carefully about before writing a letter to the company itself asking about her (unless this is an emergency) as it may not reflect well on her - just saying.

Your auntie has moved since writing your mum? Have you tried a simple Google search with her name and "Australia?" You might be surprised. Other than that? Someone else suggested e-mailing the company where she works and that makes perfect sense. Good luck!