Container Gardening and Mosquitoes in Standing Water

I grow plants in containers. I'm trying the containers in wading pools this year. I am worried about mosquito larva, I could use pebbles to mulch the water so to speak. But I'm wondering if the Epson salt I fertilize with which is magnesium, will it stop the mosquito larva?

It will have no effect on the mosquito. But, they do make pellets to repel mosquito to add to water. However the best prevention is to not have standing water.

I don't think this is a good idea. The pools have to be kept very clean. You would be better off watering well and more than once on hot days.

We used to have a pond, but we stopped using it so we keep the pond dry. During the rain, it would fill up and we have to drain or else mosquitos and larva will be there.

Best to keep water clean or drain. If you can't they sell repellents at your local improvement store.