Controlling Ticks

I have 2 Cocker Spaniels and they are covered in ticks. These ticks are really small and are something out of this world. Where they have skin they have ticks, it's like a big colony of them.

We have tried Frontline, K9, and one of those strong dips, but nothing seems to work. They have more ticks on the areas where we put the K9 or Frontline medicine.

I don't know what to do, I love my dogs, but I have a baby and I'm also pregnant. I can't spend the day hunting ticks on the walls. I need something really effective. What suggestions do you have for me?

By Leticia

Answers:

Controlling Ticks

Please have your Veterinarian remove all the ticks from both dogs and then have him suggest any medication that might work for you. Good luck. (06/16/2010)

By K9cats

Controlling Ticks

I failed to mention that the ticks are dangerous to your dogs and you should make sure that they don't have Lyme disease. Your Veterinarian can check for this and he can also vaccinate them for Lyme disease. (06/16/2010)

By K9cats

Controlling Ticks

We had woods where I lived as a child and the dogs and cats were always getting ticks. My Dad used the lit end of cigar to burn their butts. Ticks go in head first into the skin. People can get bit too, after this, they will pop off. Vicks Vaporub will work, too. Put on butt and cut off their air supply. Be sure to get all of their body parts. Check on the web for free consultation on most pet supply sites, they can help too. (06/16/2010)

By jd1947

Controlling Ticks

When using products like Frontline its very important not to wash your dog a few days before and a few days after applying the drops, because the drop are distributed by the oils in your dogs skin. (06/16/2010)

By MysticalDream

Controlling Ticks
Hand picking weeds
Controlling Weeds Organically
Tick on Skin
Getting Rid of Ticks
Leafhopper
Identifying and Controlling Leafhoppers
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
🎄