Cook a Turkey Breast Side Down

Here's a tip for an outstanding Thanksgiving Turkey. Cook it with the breast side down. Yep, turn that bird upside down and insert a stick of butter in the cavity, put in a roasting bag and cook that baby. You will have the juiciest turkey you've ever had because all the juice stays in the bird. A friend of mine gave me this tip, he has a catering business. I always put mine on the night before we eat on about 250 degrees and let it cook all night.

There is no need to watch or baste. Just take it out the next morning and go ahead and pick it all of the bone and put in a covered container in the fridge. When you get ready to eat, take out as much or as little as you need and warm it up in the microwave and serve. Your oven will be free the day you eat to get your other items prepared (much easier). I get LOTS of compliments on the meat and I have a hassle free meal and enjoy being with my company which is what it's about anyway. Many Blessings!

By Ginger

Cook a Turkey Breast Side Down

I also cook my turkey all night - but the 1st hour I cook it at 350 and then turn it down to 250 - making it the way you suggest - are there any drippings to make gravy with? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! (11/16/2006)

By Starlight

Cook a Turkey Breast Side Down

I too have been cooking my turkey breast side down for at least the past 4 years and my family just loves it. It comes out so moist and tender (especially the breast meat). I also brine my turkey the night before cooking -- that also makes the turkey moist and very flavorful without having to add any additional seasoning. I do not however, cook it the night before. Everyone brings a dish to pass and while the turkey is "resting" (LOL) before carving we reheat the other dishes. Have a great holiday everyone. God Bless (11/20/2006)

By Chris

Cook a Turkey Breast Side Down
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)