Cooking Bacon

I bake a pound of bacon at 400 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes on two foil-lined jelly roll pans. The bacon will bake at different times due to the amount of fat. Remove bacon to a plate covered in paper towels to absorb excessive fat. Use paper towels in between the layers plus on top. I freeze whatever is leftover. No need to freeze pieces separately since the pieces do not freeze together.

Another tip is to lightly flour the bacon slices before baking. Put some flour in a bag, I use the wax cereal liners that I save, add two slices of bacon at a time and shake to cover. It takes a little more time but is worth it since there is less shrinking and the bacon is very crisp.

Depending on my baking menu for the day, and I may need greased jelly roll pans, I will drain the grease from the cooled pans and then wipe off excessive grease before it will solidify. I store them in the refrigerator and then reuse the pans, not for baked goods but meats and vegetables.

The best is when I roast chicken wings in the oven. The bacon grease gives it a very good flavor. I do not do this often since it is definitely not a healthy way to cook. So this is usually a family treat. But whatever I bake in the pans is very tasty.

By mkymlp from PA

Oven cooked bacon on cookie sheet.
Cooking Bacon in the Oven
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon