Cooking Corn on the Cob

Tips and recipes for cooking corn on the cob. Post your ideas.

I have found a way to have great corn on the cob without the lengthy boiling period. Pull the husk down almost to the bottom of the ear but not off and remove the silk,clean the corn and fold the husk back.

Then microwave about 2 1/2 minutes for one, 5 minutes for two, 7 minutes for three and so on.

The corn tastes great and you get it so much faster!

By Julie

Cooking Corn on the Cob

I have found that if you put some sugar in the water that you boil the corn in, it will make it taste much better. My grandmother always said, that anything that needs salt, add a dash of sugar, and anything with sugar, add a dash of salt. She was a wonderful cook.

By Pat in GA

Cooking Corn on the Cob

I like to cook my corn a little different, great when we go camping:) I peel back the husks but leave them attached at the bottom then, I clean off all of the silk on the corn. I mix room temp. butter, basil and oregano, rub the corn down with it, pull the husks back up, wrap it in tin foil and bake in the oven or in the coals foam a campfire. I think in the oven I do it for 30 minutes (it has been a while since I made these) and in the coals, we just check them till they are ready to eat.

Marie (04/30/2005)

By Marie

Cooking Corn on the Cob

My method is almost the same as Julie's, in the microwave, but I don't pull down the husks, I just run water over the complete ears, just as it comes from the store or garden, and cut the point off the bottom end.
(this step is mainly because I have a (b)small(/b) microwave. Cook as she described, then, using oven mitts, pull down the husk. The silk comes with it, and the few that might remain can easily be wiped off with a paper towel. Slather with butter, add salt and pepper and enjoy. (05/02/2005)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Cooking Corn on the Cob

Has anyone cooked corn on the cob in a slow cooker (crockpot) Thanks (06/25/2005)

By Gayle

Cooking Corn on the Cob

After a lengthy search, I found this recipe for cooking corn on the cob in a crockpot:

Place 8 ears husked corn in a slow-cooker, cover with warm water, and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce the heat to low and allow the slow cooker to keep the corn warm until youre ready to eat.

By Kristin

A plate of yellow corn on the cob.
Cooking Corn On The Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave