Cooking Freezer Burned Meat

Is there any way to marinade, cook, etc. meat that is freezer burned?

By S.L.

Answers:

Cooking Freezer Burned Meat

I suggest not to cook or eat freezer burned meat, good luck. (01/25/2010)

By kffrmw88

Cooking Freezer Burned Meat

I found this on an educational website which is listed below, the info is on freezer burned meat. I have used freezer burned boneless skinless chicken breast. I just cut off the freezer burn pieces and cooked the rest. No problem.

Here is the info:

Question 3: Is it safe to eat food that has "freezer burn"?

Answer: "Freezer burn", a condition in which the surface of food appears light-colored and dried out, occurs when moisture on the surface evaporates. Proper cooling, air removal, moisture-vapor-resistant packaging, a tight seal and an appropriate length of storage help prevent freezer burn. Keep your freezer at 0 F or lower.

While a food with freezer burn is safe to eat, the quality is lower. You can cut away freezer burn spots either before or after cooking. If a food is heavily freezer-burned, it may be desirable to discard it for quality reasons.

For more information about how to freeze food to help prevent freezer burn, check these links:

Containers for Freezing
National Center for Home Food Preservation
uga.edu

Packaging and Labeling Foods
uga.edu

Cold Storage Chart
USDA/FDA
foodsafety.gov
lancaster.unl.edu (01/26/2010)

By Indianone

Cooking Freezer Burned Meat

I recently found a three year old chuck steak in my freezer. It appeared badly freezer burned, but had been frozen solid the whole time, so I felt it was safe to eat. I cut it into small cubes, browned it on the stovetop, then put it in the crock pot with sauteed onions and bell peppers, and a mixture of barbecue sauce and ketchup. It turned out fine, and I had no ill effects. (01/27/2010)

By ChloeA

Cooking Chicken Meat
Tips for Cooking Meat
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
🎉
🎄