Cooking Spray as Alternative to WD40

Creaky doors bug the life out of me. I absolutely hate to hear them. If I have run out of WD40, I get my pan spray and spray a bit in the hinges and the problem is gone. Other fabulous uses are on squeaky wheelchairs, refrigerators, freezers, and other squeaky mobility devices. It doesn't hurt the finish of paint or other surfaces and if you get it on the floor it is an easy cleanup. It just works wonders and Voila! the creaks are gone.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Cooking Spray as Alternative to WD40

Yes, I was once visiting my daughter and got tired of hearing the creaky do. So I pulled out the cooking spray and the noise was gone. My daughter asked "how did you get the door to stop that noise?" I told her there was usually always a way to solve a problem without having to go out and buy a product. Thinking out of the box can save money. Growing up poor has helped me in so many ways. (07/21/2010)

By TXBetty

Cooking Spray as Alternative to WD40

It seems to work well at first, but over time the cooking spray will get "gunky" and collect grime where WD40 will not. (07/22/2010)

By cjirby

uses for cooking oil
Uses for Cooking Spray
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle