Coordinating Different Styles of Wood Furniture

Many of us don't buy a suite of furniture for a room where all of the pieces match in style and finish. This is guide about coordinating different styles of wood furniture.

Wood Furniture

Black nightstand.I have a black bed and two black nightstands. I didn't buy the dresser at the time. Now I'm shopping for a dresser. What different kinds of wood and styles can I mix with the furniture I have? Black nightstand. Black headboard.

By tx.Betty from Ft. Worth, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you want a black piece of furniture, and can't locate anything that will match, suggest you go to a store that sells unpainted furniture and have them paint one for you. Let them do the painting (not you) - you'll get a very professional result. Bring in a drawer (for color matching) and a photo of the style of the existing furniture on your phone. They can custom build you a piece that will look as though it came with the set.

We went this route trying to match a dresser to the bedroom furniture. I've been very happy for years with the result.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating FurnitureMarch 24, 2013
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 3:17:35 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 372 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.