Cork Love Bugs
Make some cute love bugs for Valentine's Day or just for fun using wine corks and a few inexpensive supplies. This is a guide about cork love bugs
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These adorable bugs are easy to make and a great way to use up any corks you have laying around!
- colored paper
- chenille sticks
- googly eyes
- hot glue gun
- Cut out two heart templates from heavy paper or cardboard. Trace two of each size onto your colored papers. Cut them out.
- Glue the smaller heart onto the larger one. These will be the bugs wings.
- Using the point of your scissors, poke a hole into the top of the cork.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the cork.
- Glue the wings to the back of the bug.
- Cut a piece of chenille stick approx. 2 in. long. Fold it in half and then curl the ends. (I curled them around a pencil.)
- Put some hot glue into the hole at the top of the cork, then insert the antennae into the hole and hold until stuck.