We have a huge bag of corks that we bought at a resale shop, so we have been trying to put them to good use. This adorable reindeer can be used as an ornament or even just set on a table top.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 corks
- 1 pipe cleaner (gold or brown)
- 2 google eyes
- 1 small red pompom
- 1 small bell (optional)
- glue gun
- Take a cork and find the middle lengthwise. Mark it with a pencil and cut the cork in half. Repeat this with a second cork.
- Take two of your cork halves and cut them in half again so that you end up with 4 moon shaped pieces.
- Take another cork half and hot glue it to the side of a whole cork. Allow the cork half to hang over the edge of the other cork. This is your reindeer's head.
- Now hot glue the quartered cork pieces onto the underside of the whole cork. These are the reindeer's legs.
- Cut your pipe cleaner so that you have a piece that is 4 inches long and one that is 2 inches long. Fold the 4 in. piece in half, forming a "v" shape.
- Hot glue the "v" shaped piece of pipe cleaner to the back of the reindeer's head to form it's antlers. Then take your 2 in. piece, fold it in half, and twist it together to for a tail. By doubling up the pipe cleaner you have a more rigid wire to push into the back of the cork to form a tail. I recommend using a pen or pencil to make an initial hole in the cork, then apply a small amount of hot glue to the hole before trying to push the tail in. This will help hold it in place.
- Finally apply the eyes to the head and the red pompom to the front of the head for it's nose. Then under the head, apply a blob of hot glue and push the bell into it. If you want to make it into an ornament, you can either attach a small eyelet screw to it's back and run a piece of string through, or you could hot glue a ribbon to it.
August 16, 20120 found this helpful
This is super cool, great job.
August 21, 20120 found this helpful
Definite thumbs up, this is so cute! I have a drawerful of corks that will now be made into really adorable ornaments, thank-you for posting this:)
September 21, 20150 found this helpful
love it, have baskets of wine corks needed to be used, this will make
excellent christmas stocking stuffers
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 4, 2016 at 5:11:34 AM on 10.0.2.22 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us