Corn Bubble

This is a corn casserole with a savory taste. My family likes it really well. It goes well with most any meal and is very easy to cook in the microwave. I am learning how to use my microwave to cook meals. In this hot weather, it keeps the house cooler than if I had to heat the oven or turn on the burners to cook.

• 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard (turmeric can be substituted)
  • pepper, to taste
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten in the milk
  • 1 (16 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained or creamed corn as it comes from the can

Place butter and onion in 1 quart casserole that has a tight fitting lid. Microwave 5 to 7 minutes on High, or until onion is transparent.

Add flour, salt, paprika, mustard or turmeric, and pepper. Blend well. Add milk and egg mix slowly, stirring until smooth. Stir in corn. Cover. Microwave 15 to 18 minutes until bubbly.

Let stand 5 minutes, covered.

I have a cheap Walmart microwave and was a little doubtful about it being able to cook like the fancier ones. I got a cookbook and found you just need to watch the first few times you cook a recipe to see how your microwave works. Mine worked just like the recipe said.

One of the secrets is to have a good fitting lid. I bought a crockery pot with a good lid at a garage sale for $2, and it works great. Corning wear does good also.

Servings: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes

Source: Magic of Microwave Cookbook lll, copyright 1985

By Elaine from OK

Just a little bit of advice about the tight fitting lid in the microwave....take the lid off an place a paper towel over it as it could very well explode on you. You should never put a tight lid or closed plastic bag or container in a microwave because of it exploding. Been there done that one.

Sounds like a good recipe.

Corn Casserole Recipes
Corn Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Microwave CookingJune 14, 2011
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Corn Pudding Recipes
Corn Pudding Recipes
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes