Cornstarch Window Cleaner

I have always had trouble with cleaning windows. I always get streaks. I saw in an old book to use a handful of cornstarch in a bucket of lukewarm water. I add also a little vinegar about 1/4 - 1/2 depending on the size of the bucket. Mix. Use a wash cloth to wash window, then I use a hand towel to dry the window and a final towel to get it all dry. I have 18 windows in my house and 3 entry doors. I can wash them all on the outside with 1 bucket of water, 1 wash cloth and 3 - 4 hand towels (when the final towel gets too wet I replace it with another). Then I get a fresh bucket and do the inside. If your towels are limited, you can dry them on the close line and do the inside/outside the next day.

By Beth from Bloomfield, IN

Answers:

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

When my new windows were installed the glass company included a spray can of glass cleaner. I accidentally used my spray starch, thinking I had the cleaner. The windows sparkled. At my age it's called "sometimers." (08/20/2008)

By siris

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

This is a great tip. I'm gonna have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but notice that you are from Bloomfield, Indiana - me too! (08/26/2008)

By Lori

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

White vinegar rubbed on then wipe off with crumpled up balls of newspaper, old fashioned but works fab. (09/10/2008)

By meggymolly

A bottle of window cleaner containing vinegar and cornstarch.
Cornstarch and Vinegar Window Cleaner Recipe
Corn starch beaded necklace.
Making Cornstarch Beads
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
🎉
🎄