Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

I want a pattern to make a cone shaped Christmas tree out of old costume jewelry. I saw one at "The Best of Everything" in Naples, Florida.

By PatD.S. from Cincinnati, OH

Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

I found this one on Craigslist in Sacramento. It was a bit too pricey for me but it was beautiful, and when it lit up it was even better. The costume jewelry was really old, I hope it was not valuable. Sorry the picture is not that good. (09/20/2009)

By wisemarl1

RE: Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

Years ago I made a costume jewelry Christmas Tree for a Pollyanna gift. It went over big. All you do is purchase a Styrofoam tree from a craft shop, take straight pins and tacky glue. You just get the costume jewelry and stick it all over the tree until the entire tree is covered. For those pesky blank spaces just buy chain links from the craft store and glue them to the tree. They are very inexpensive. You can also paint the tree first, or cover it with cloth if you'd like.

The straight pins give the jewelry stability. If you have old pierced earrings, the post can be used as a pin to stick into the Styrofoam. Just make sure that each piece of jewelry gets glued on and give it time to dry. For the base, I took a Styrofoam disk and covered it with gold cloth. For the topper I went to K-mart and got "star" shaped earrings. I put one on top of the tree. These days you can just buy stars as tree toppers from the craft store. It was a lot of fun doing this tree. This year I am making smaller trees for my family. (09/23/2009)

By linrich

Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

I posted one I had made last year on Thrifty Fun. I used a cone and E-6000 glue (09/25/2009)

By Skibum1910

Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree
Making a Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree