Crab Casserole Recipe From Chinese Buffet

I have gone to several Chinese Buffets that have all served a cheesy lump crab casserole (with some type of white sauce ) and also a delicious spinach with cheese casserole. I am almost positive that they both contain mayonnaise. Would anyone have a recipe for these recipes. My mouth is watering in anticipation.

Nolasandy from Kenner, LA

• 1/2 lb. crab meat
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • Pinch of garlic salt
  • 1 1/4 c. Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
  • 1 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp. milk

Mix together in casserole dish. Save half of Cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

By Gayle

I think that the crab in the buffets are the imitation crab meat, so I am pretty sure it could be used. Does anyone have a good spinach recipe as noted in the main question? (08/16/2007)

By Nolasandy

I am also looking for both these recipes and am grateful for the Crab Casserole recipe sounds like the one I want.

I have not tried the following recipes, but they sound like they could be close to what we are looking for.

• 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 10 oz. spinach, chopped, frozen, defrosted and drained
  • 1 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
  • 1 cup half and half

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the half and half. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the spinach.

Place in a small casserole dish. Top with the cheese and place under the broiler until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

• 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 3/4 pound Cheddar cheese, cubed
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
  • (3) 10 oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 Tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 3 Tbsp. melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine milk, dry mustard, and garlic salt. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 2 minutes. In a small skillet or saucepan heat 1 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Saute onion until browned; stir into milk. In a small skillet or saucepan combine 3 Tbsp. melted butter with flour. Cook over medium-low heat until thickened; stir into milk.

To the milk mixture add the Cheddar cheese, mixing well to melt. Stir in spinach. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Yields 8 servings.

By Mike

I asked what was in it at the Chinese buffet. They said only imitation crab meat, celery, and mayo. I think the cheese, sour cream and cream cheese would give the flavor more depth. Thanks for the post. (10/04/2008)

By lstraw

My daughter in law figured this one out. She mixes imitation crab, pineapple tidbits and mayo together and bakes until hot. Sounds wierd, but works. Do not over bake. (11/06/2008)

By Chris B.

Cooked Crab
Crab Casserole Recipes
Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage