Crab Casserole Recipe from Chinese Buffet

Could someone email me with the recipe for the Crab and Cheese bake that is at the Chinese Restaurants? What is the white (looks like pasta) in the bake?

By Pollypoo57 from PA

Not sure what it is like at your local restaurant, but I tried to replicate the cheesy crab casserole at Great Wall Buffet. There are no noodles in the one I've had, just imitation crab, some veggies, a rich white sauce, and cheese on top. See if this recipe sounds like what you are looking for:

• 1 or 2 carrots, diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 (8 ounce) packs imitation crab meat
  • big handful of frozen green peas
  • 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded Italian cheese blend
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Saute the onions and carrots in butter or olive oil until tender. Break up some of the crab meat into smaller pieces if desired, depending on the size flakes or chunks in your packages. Put crab, onions and carrots, frozen peas, and shredded Italian cheese (not the cheddar) in baking dish, about 9x9, but doesn't matter too much. Add a little salt and pepper to taste if desired. Mix until well combined, but don't tear the crab meat up too small. Pour heavy whipping cream evenly over all. Top with shredded cheddar. Bake at 350 degrees F until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes or so.

This tastes very much like the crab casserole I've had. Maybe better, it ends up being sort of Alfredo-ish, but without pasta. I can throw this dish together in less than 30 minutes, and everyone who has tried it enjoys it. I buy imitation crab on sale and keep it on hand in the freezer. Hope this helps. (09/16/2009)

By Yodergoat

Cooked Crab
Crab Casserole Recipes
Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage