Craft: Baby Shower Diaper Cake

I made this adorable diaper cake (my first one) for my first grand child's shower. I just finished it today. I was amazed at how easy it was to make.

I used 56 size 1 Luvs diapers and rolled each one then secured each with a rubber band. Use a larger rubber band to hold them together as you add them to make each layer. Mine is a 3 tier. I used 1 8oz and 1 4oz baby bottle in the center to hold the layers together. I secured each layer with tulle (tie kind of tight). Then I started decorating. I used 3 receiving blankets, 2 onesies, 2 washcloths, a few rattles and different things to decorate it.

I also search the net for pictures and printed them on matte finish photo paper, cut them out, then used them as decorations as well. I was able to personalize the cake this way. I used 3 different colors of ribbon. I also used tulle and curling ribbon. I think it turned out adorable.

By Tammy from Herrin, IL

Baby Shower Diaper Cake
Making a Diaper Cake
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 8:34:24 PM on in 860 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.