Craft Ideas for 3 Year Old

I have a 3 year old daughter; she will be 4 in May. I want some fun crafts that she and I could do together. Any ideas?

By K.Sowders from Henderson, KY

Craft Ideas for 3 Year Old

My daughter just turned 4. She loves playing with playdough. We get seasonal cookie cutters, cut out shapes, allow to dry and then paint. She also loves cutting things from magazines and making collages.

We use upside down egg cartons to make caterpillars and spiders. Just cut off a row of the ridged egg holder side, paint, poke pipe cleaners through as legs, add some googly eyes.
We've made flowers by cutting circles out of tissue paper, then putting a pipe cleaner through the middle of a bunch of colors and crinkling them up.

She also loves just threading beads onto pipe cleaners as jewelry. This is especially nice for the kids with less hand eye coordination, because the pipe cleaners are easier to thread than string.

I use the website and, as well as Rosie O'Donnell's craft book. In fact, it's been awhile since we've done crafts, I just might have to get our book out today and make some Valentine crafts! (02/08/2010)

By weeirishlassy

Craft Ideas for 3 Year Old

My daughter loves to paint. We painted her hands and formed them into the shape of a heart and cut it out. I put her name and date on it to look at in years to come. She loves to glue foam shapes onto construction paper to make pictures.

Check out for ideas. You can sign up to receive daily newsletters which will include a craft, a printable, and an activity for the day. I have received some great ideas from here. Sometimes I will add to the project too.

Check out your library for craft books, too. I was at the library the other day and my library had a few Mailbox magazines. They are really great to find some ideas from. You will find them in the book section and not the magazines. It is a book for teachers. Hope this helps! (02/08/2010)

By sgibbs1

Craft Ideas for 3 Year Old

Some years ago when I worked in a preschool we had fun making Flubber. It's not messy and can be kept for a while. Here's the recipe:

In a large container with a lid combine:

• 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 2 cups of white glue
  • food coloring (few drops)

In second smaller container combine:

• 1 1/3 cups warm water
  • 3 tsp. Borax (Borateem)

Mix ingredients in each container thoroughly. Pour contents of smaller container in to large container. Gently lift and turn the mixture until only about a tablespoon of the liquid is left. Flubber will be sticky for a moment or two. Let excess liquid drip off then Flubber will be ready. Stretch it, bounce it, or roll it!

Store in an airtight container for about three weeks of use. (02/09/2010)

By jabsgram

Craft Ideas for 3 Year Old
Shelf Scarf from Hankies
Crafts Using Old Handkerchiefs
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys