Craft Ideas for Elderly Shut-ins

I am looking for directions or patterns for sewing for elderly shut-ins. Such things as bags for walkers and wheelchairs. Also, lap robes or anything else you might think would be useful to them. I would appreciate your imput.

Judy from Birmingham, AL

Craft Ideas for Elderly Shut-ins

Hi You should try they have a therapy disabled crafts section for elderly people.

good luck (07/21/2006)

By Trisha

Craft Ideas for Elderly Shut-ins

Dear Judy, Go to this link and download for free this computer software. It gives you all kinds of patterns for bags, shawls, hats, and slippers that are super for anyone. The link is:
I've used their software for sewing my daughter's wedding dress and I can tell you, It's a life saver! Hope this helps! CaseyT6 (07/26/2006)

By CaseyT6

Craft Ideas for Elderly Shut-ins

This is more like an aid rather than a craft. If your elderly friend or family want to garden but the seeds are too small for them to see or pick up, the seed can be rolled into a more handy sized ball in dryer lint with a little glue and allowed to dry. Then they still can participate in the beloved gardening but with less eye strain or pain.

If that isn't enough - there was a post awhile back about using strips of toilet paper that seeds are glued onto with a dot of glue spaced as directions suggest and laid in the ground and covered ! That would make for a LOT less bending !

By melody_yesterday

Row of Wrapped Gifts
Gift Ideas for Seniors
Ederly woman
Definition of Elderly
Elderly Woman Walking with Daughter
Activities for the Elderly and Disabled
Woman Cooking for an Elderly Person
Cooking for an Elderly Person
Opening Frozen Car Door
Opening a Door That is Frozen Shut