Craft Project: Convert A Clock Into A Picture Frame

I took an old apple clock that quit working and gave it new life as a picture frame. Looks almost like a shadow box.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes to an hour

• Old clock with glass face
  • Craft paper
  • Ink
  • Pictures
  • Buttons
  • Ribbon
  • Stickers
  • Double sided sticky tape
  • Tools to remove clock items
  • Tacky glue to put glass back in securely
  • Glue runner
  • Sticky dots
  • Embellishments

This was my mothers clock and she was throwing it away till I rescued it so the pictures inside are of her grandchildren.

1. Unscrew the clock mechanism from the back of the clock.

2. Remove the glass and surrounding plastic. (Just carefully pop this out.)

3. Clean everything thoroughly. (Mine was very dusty.)

4. Cut a circle piece of craft paper to fit inside. I just traced around the glass piece then cute about quarter inch smaller.

5. Put double sided sticky tape to the back of the craft paper, but only remove the backing on the side you stick.

6. Before removing backing to tape add all your elements to the paper. Get creative. Here's what I did:

• Ad
    • Inked the edges of the paper in green and put some on the background paper.

• Printed off a couple of pictures so I wasn't using the originals, cutting around them with decorative scissors then pasted them down with the glue runner.

• Put sticky dots on the back of the buttons and the ribbon to adhere them.

• Added a sticker that said "Grandchildren" and a little tag that says "Cherish."

7. After adding your decorations and photos remove backing from sticky tape, and adhere it inside the circle.

8. Put a bead of tacky glue around the channel where the plastic sits and place the glass and surrounding plastic back in.

9. Let dry then you have a recycled gift that mom will love.

By Christi from Paducah, KY

Here is one done by a friend long ago. Great way to give a keepsake picture. Thanks for the reminder.

By Great Granny Vi

RE: Craft Project: Convert A Clock Into A Picture Frame

Best use of an "old" apple clock that I've seen. It turned out to be such a nice keepsake. Thanks for sharing your idea.

By PookaRina

Converting an Old Clock Into a Picture Frame
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
two old ornate hardcover books
Making a Recycled Book Picture Frame