Craft Project: Sea Shell Wind Chime

This is an sea shell wind chime I made when I got bored.

shellwindchime.jpg

By Joyce wis

Here are instructions for making the wind chimes. If you have any questions, please post them.

• 6 lbs fishing line
  • Sea Shells
  • Small drill bits
  • A star or circle for the top

I wanted something different so I got a star for the top instead of a circle -- I use 6 lb. fishing string, sea shells of any kind you want and a small drill bit.

Just be careful drilling the hole in the shell, because I did break 6 drill bits doing this. I bought the shells from a craft store so the shells were a little bit harder the regular shells are. I drilled a hole in just one end.

At each of the points of the star I tied the strings to go down. I didn't measure the string I just guessed at it, but it is about 2 ft. long. I put 6 sea shells down each string. Where I tyed the string together on the top, I put a fishing lure. I left it longer to come down for the center one where I have 8 shells coming down. I hot glued each one were i did tied the knots at so they wouldn't come out.

I hope this did helps you a lot. I also just got though making another one with the shells from when I go out too eat at a Chinese place here. Instead of leaving the clam shells there and let them throw them out I brought them home with me -- washed them up and let them dry.

Then the next day I drilled a hole in each end of it. There is 4 strands coming down with another in the middle.

Answers:
Sea Shell Wind Chime 08/14/2005
Joyce - OH MY GOSH! Those are beautiful. I too have a bunch of shells that I have picked up on trips and the like. That is absolutely beautiful. I don't have any kind of drill though so could you please make a suggestion? I'd appreciate it. I am just jumping up and down on the inside. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
By TonyaG
Sea Shell Wind Chime 04/26/2006
AWESOME
By imaqt1962

Sea Shell Wind Chimes
Sea Shell Wind Chimes
knitting needles and yarn
Sea Shell Knitting Stitch
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
Recycled Key Wind Chime
Making a Recycled Key Wind Chime
🎄