Refurbished Wedding Pen Holders

While hunting for items for my wedding in November, I came across two pen holders at a garage sale. They were both dirty and one was ripped. I bought them both for $.75.

I chose the worst one and removed the pen holder (it unscrewed). I then took off the bottom fabric which released the fabric covering on the top. I found some yellow silk I had at home leftover from another resale find. I cut a new piece of thin cardboard and covered it for the bottom by using hot glue. I then covered the top again, using hot glue and stretching it section by section so it would be smooth.

When I had all that tight, I hot-glued the bottom on and screwed the pen holder in place. I added the flower and some hot-fix crystals from my ever-present craft kit. Ta-Da! Now all I have to do is find the pen. The picture is a before and after, so you can see how it was transformed. I priced these new for between $15.95 and $29.95 for the plain white one.

By Dingybat from Vermilion, OH

Wedding Pen Holder

I love it when someone finds a new way to save on weddings! Kudos to you for recycling someone's old stuff to be your new treasure. Smart and classy!

Wedding Pen Holder
Wedding Pen Holder Ideas
Weddings Wedding CraftsSeptember 21, 2009
markers in holder
Pen and Pencil Holder Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress