Craft: Uses For Yarn Chains

Uses For Yarn Chains
Uses For Yarn Chains
I often sit and watch TV with yarn and hook in hand. When I don't have a project going, I just hit the yarn and make a chain and I keep going till I run out of yarn. Some of my chains are about 60 feet long. I then roll them into a ball or several balls and put them in a nice bowl or basket.

Now, that in itself is fun and pretty to do, but it's not the only thing you can do with it. I take a large "Q" hook, and make other things with the chain, as if it were just yarn. Some of the easiest projects are rugs, place mats, hotpads, and things that are flat.

But, don't let that stop you from making baskets, plant hangers, chair pads and so much more! The effect is very unusual and "knobby" for lack of a better word, so it's great for those country accents. Enjoy!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Using Crocheted Chains in Craft Project
Using Crocheted Chains In Craft Projects
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
large ball of yarn with smaller ones stacked against it
Yarn Animal Craft Ideas
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🎄