Browsing: Craft Uses for Bed Skirts

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Craft Uses for Bed Skirts

Your unused bed skirts can be put to use in your craft projects. This is a guide about craft uses for bed skirts.

Bed Skirts
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 8, 2008 Flag

I have found a great bargain for all of us crafters! If any of you are thrift store addicts like me, you may have noticed that there are a lot of bed skirts in the linen section of Goodwills, etc. Apparently not a lot of people use them, but they are a great source of fabric. You can cut the ruffle apart from the center and you have yards of material to use to make a skirt for an ottoman or chair, valances, or even a border for a quilt or comforter or pillows. You can usually pick one up for a buck or 2! What a deal!

By Carol from Landisville, PA

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 18, 2005 Flag
Unneeded Bed Skirt

Ever buy a bed-in-a-bag and not need the skirt? Well, I came up with some perfect uses for it.

Items made from Bedskirt

Simple Valance topper

I took the skirt length wise and made a slip 1 1/4 inch to fit the rod. Check your rod for measurements. The hem is already done for you. Simple Valance topper.

Items made from Bedskirt

Outlet and Switch Covers

Items made from Bedskirt

Then I took the switch and five outlets and cut about an inch in material longer both length/width wise of each plate. I hot glued the material to the plate. What's nice about hot glue is it can be taken off quite easily for changing decor look. Take some small scissors to cut out material for switches and plug-ins. Hot glue or tape to the back side.

Items made from Bedskirt

Picture Frames or Small Pillows

You can also cover picture frames or make small pillows for the bed. Most Bed-in-bags come with shams. I still have a lot of extra material to do something else if I desire. A fun coordinating way to use the skirt.

By Jennifer CA

February 24, 2005 Flag

Thanks to everyone for your great tips regarding pillow shams. Does anyone have any ideas for uses for my king sized bed skirts. The base is white and the ruffles are in various patterns. I would appreciate any ideas on this. My thanks in advance. You guys are great!

Anjeena

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I put this on your other one about shams but am reposting it here.

RE: Anyone have uses for pillow shams?

A bedskirt could be used as an underpad on a dining table with a tablecloth on top. (not waterproof though)

The decorative sides of the bedskirt could be cut and made into pillow covers.

The plain part of the bedskirt that goes on the boxspring could be used as a small quilt backing or curtains. Quite often that part is muslin or white cotton

<b>http://romantichomesmagazine.co.nr</b>

How about making valances with them?

This may not work for your situation (ruffles), but a tip that was given to me was that bedskirts (any size) are an excellent source of material for quilting. You can cut them up into either squares or strips and piece them together to make quilts/comforters. I've found that bedskirts are put into the free pile at yard sales or marked very cheap at yard sales or thrift stores. I haven't put one together yet ... but I have been stockpiling the "materials".

Good luck!

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherJanuary 29, 2013
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:22:40 AM on 10.0.2.169 in 975 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.