Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

What can I make with the vintage buttons I have collected?

By Jane from NE

Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

Sew or glue them to lampshades, greeting cards, scrapbook pages, invitations, curtains, tie backs for curtains, place holders, napkin rings, Christmas ornaments, picture frames, magnets for fridge, or my favorite, jewelry! (09/15/2010)

By wildmint

Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

You can make those fabric flowers using the button as the center of the flower. A lot of people are wearing these flowers like a broach. (09/15/2010)

By Bookeesmom

Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

You can also glue them in a multilevel design for decorative lids for just about any kind of box. (09/15/2010)

By Deeli

Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

I make brooches with mine. (09/15/2010)

By isobel44art

RE: Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

I saw the prettiest button wreath made into a shadowbox that had almost every kind of button you could find in it. The mat was heart shaped and the inside was full of beautiful buttons. It was obviously for display purposes, but it is so beautiful.
Good luck.

Gem (09/15/2010)

By maphisx7

Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

I posted a button heart craft on a family website a few months ago, hope this helps:

Ad (09/16/2010)

By Crafty Cat

RE: Crafts Ideas Using Buttons

A sock puppet with a button for a nose.
Craft Ideas Using Buttons
Making a Button Brooch
Making a Button Brooch
Finished button dish.
Making a Dish Out of Buttons
Vintage Button Cover
Protecting Delicate or Vintage Buttons in the Wash
Sewing on Buttons for Crafts, threading needle with white thread.
Sewing Buttons On Crafts