Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Turn those wine corks into cool crafts!
Turn those wine corks into cool crafts!

I want information on making crafts from wine corks such as wreaths, trivets, coasters, and bulletin boards. I want to know how to cut the cork so that it does not come apart.

I have been looking for a book of patterns and ideas along with care and instructions, but I only find free information that is not thorough enough. Can you help me with this information?

Thank you.
Rebecca

Answers:

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Place corsage pins, the kind with large pearl heads, loaded with beads in a star pattern into the sides of the cork. Makes a great snowflake ornament. Use a good sharp knife, pressing downward, not saw like.

A light coat of clear nail polish may help keep them from crumbling too, and you would still be able to pierce them or glue them, but not sure about heat resistance afterward. Trial and error, trial and error. (01/30/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Do you wanna go big-time? here's a link:

http://www.handmadedetroit.com/2007/03/27/project-crawl-revisited-wine-cork-craft-and-art/ (01/31/2009)

By kimhis

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I use corks when I'm having a fancy dinner. Stand them upright and make a slit in the top. Write someones name on a piece of card stock and insert into the slit. These make for perfect place cards, or if you're serving a buffet, these place cards can tell you what the different food items are. (02/04/2009)

By Adrianne

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I just used a sharp craft knife and as long as the corks are in good condition to start with this seems to help. They make great notice boards and mine is a fabulous souvenir of a trip to New Zealand (the bartender let me have a bag full.).
(02/06/2009)

By H

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Hey crafters, I've painted them white for snowman. Use fingertip off old glove for hat, paint toothpick orange for nose, piece of ribbon around base for scarf, paint eyes and mouth on. Another idea is to paint them orange. Put pumpkin face on with black paint. I've used both ideas for table settings. Put ribbon in top of cork and tie around napkin. Each person gets a little take home gift. I've made over 30 at a time. My kids have helped to paint. Make it easy and you'll have fun; creative fun from recycling. Cyndi (02/06/2009)

By Cyndi

Crafts Made With Wine Corks

I made a chair rail using wine corks. I got the idea from seeing a whole wall covered with them. See attached photo. (02/09/2009)

By Lee M.

RE: Crafts Made With Wine Corks

Second photo of a wine cork key ring.
Craft Uses for Wine Corks
Wine cork used as name card holder
Reusing Corks
Wine Cork Earrings
Making Wine Cork Earrings
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Wine Cork Self Portrait
Making a Wine Cork Self Portrait
🎉
🎄