Crafts Using Men's Neckties

I am looking for ideas with using neckties. Making angels, etc.

By JUNKYMUNKY from Canyon Lake, TX

Answers:

Crafts Using Men's Neckties

A friend of mine uses them to make throw pillow tops. She weaves them together then sews them down to a fabric block back. She used the smallest part of the tie, but it seems to me that if they were all of a size you could use the wide end, and instead of weaving, just do blocks. (07/23/2009)

By Dedeswrkshop

Crafts Using Men's Neckties

Just last year someone here at Thrifty Fun shared how she made a door wreath along with a photo, but I can't locate it now :-( It was cool! Oh I just found it, here it is: Tie Door Wreath

Here's the only other 'how to' I could find for a tie wreath when Googling, but it doesn't show pictures:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5130165_make-necktie-wreath.html

And here are some other archived TF craft uses for ties different from the ones listed at the bottom of the page you're now viewing: Crafts Using Neck Ties

(07/24/2009)

By Deeli

Crafts Using Men's Neckties

I make handbags and tote bags, there are great instructions here: craftbits.com.

I also use them for belts, headbands, curtain tiebacks, and leash covers (stitch some that are fairly even in width end to end and side by side forming a long tube, then stitch a small Velcro tab at each end. Slip the leash through the tube and fasten the Velcro to prevent the cover from slipping and voila, a fancy leash for the cost of a thrift store tie). Really ugly ones just get tied into knots for dog and cat toys. (07/24/2009)

By Thenicholas3

Crafts Using Men's Neckties

I was doing our local quilt shop hop yesterday and saw a quilt made with ties in the middle of the quilt blocks. It was very unique. They use the big part of the tie and did an overcast stitch so you could see the stitching. I thought it looked pretty neat! (07/25/2009)

By harrison2009

Crafts Using Men's Neckties

You can also make a necktie skirt. There are several free patterns online for both adult and child skirts.

(07/25/2009)

By MarieAngel

A Christmas wreath made from neckties.
Crafts Using Neckties
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Necktie keepsake quilt.
Making a Quilt With Neckties
A unique purse made from old men's neckties.
Making a Purse from Neckties
🎉
🎄