Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start

Why won't my Craftsman Riding lawnmower start? It keeps flooding. I already tried letting it sit and drying out the filters.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By MissFishxx from Springville, UT

Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start

I take it the coil is producing a good spark? Might be good to replace this and also try to physically check that the motor will turn by hand. If you have movement, and the unit turns then it should start when it has a good spark. On failing that I would have the carburetor overhauled. Hope this helps.

Ron (07/19/2009)

By Gone2thepack

Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start

The float in the carburetor is probably stuck and it needs to be serviced. (07/21/2009)

By anbsmommy

Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start