Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start

I have a Craftsman 18.5 hp riding mower, why does it barely start? The starter struggles to turn the motor. It will turn 1 or 2 times, then it's like it locks up, then it may take 3 - 4 tries, then will finally start.

I burnt out my starter last week with it getting hot and struggling to turn the motor. I just put a brand new starter on it thinking this was my main issue, but I still have same problem. Why is the middle of my motor locking up during start up? I just found it was about out of oil, I filled it up, but nothing is helping.

By Jay from Springdale, AR

Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start