Crafty Uses For Plastic Baby Food Containers

My daughter has been saving plastic baby food containers for me. I volunteer at a crisis nursery and I would like to have a craft project for preschool children with which I can use these containers. Anyone out there with ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy from Berea, OH

Answers:

You may try making play dough and using them for the containers. There are recipes for home made play dough. Diane (01/05/2007)

By brdldy

You could plant beans in them, and smush them against the outside edge with a paper towel so kids can see the roots and leaves grow. Or plant seeds and use the flowers for Mother's Day. (01/05/2007)

By Allison

What about making little "scenes" inside them? We did this with laundry soap scoops. Paint them inside and out and glue small things inside them. Be sure to fasten a hanger of some sort to the "end" of it. So they can be hung up if that what you want. We did ours with little Christmas tree scenes, nativity, and a little fireplace. I bet you could other things like for Easter and spring. The possibilities are endless. (01/07/2007)

By especielle

We have used them for many of the same reasons as last postings have, but also we made small coin holders for fake coins or real ones. Decorate the sides like a pot of gold for St. Patty's Day. We did this and put a slit in container with lid on bottom to get coins. For Valentine's Day we made hearts on side with treats inside.

You could do this for any holiday. I also am planning to use the lids for frames for mommy day pictures some how with lace on side or something. Everyday I save them, because left over food for my babies is perfect to make baby food for the next day, and for making my own yogurt containers. Kids love them for many treats. Good luck. Rain (04/23/2007)

By rains romper room

The plastic Gerber baby food containers are good for putting stool samples in if you are taking your pet to the vet. (11/15/2007)

By Treacy

Thanks for great ideas. I am a teacher and am going to try covering them in fabric and give them to Mom or Dad as gift boxes. (04/17/2008)

By Cora

They can be used as pacifier holders while on the go. When you are traveling on short vacation they can be used for shampoo/conditioner, shower soap, etc. (07/18/2008)

By JC

I keep children in my home and I have 2 of my own that are in school. I have been saving up and I am going to paint the containers (tops and all but not on the inside) fill them with candy and place a ribbon around them. Make them look like small presents. My children are going to pass them out to children in their class for their Christmas party at school. Hope this helps! (11/13/2008)

By Stacy

I use mine for coin banks, for my grandchildren. We used contact paper to decorate them, We also used the kind that looked like wood flooring to make a jewelry box for their Mom. It was a hit. I use them when I paint my doors and walls, the kind with a separate lid. The brush fits in easily and there is less mess. They are great for making car jewelry boxes for men, as well. Good for holding nuts and bolts. Also I use them for my laundry dryer sheets.

They are good for storing dry cat food, make sure they are washed and rinsed very good before using as food savers. When freezing use with a plastic bags. I use a Zip lock sandwich bag, fill with water 1/2 way, then freeze. Perfect for a boo boo, or to put into a cooler. Cut the tube off, old wore out socks, throw away the foot part. Soak the tube, ring out excess water. Then put into the Plastic Baby wipe containers. Put in freezer, perfect for ice on the ankles or wrist. I also put holes in bottom and start garden seeds. I keep empty ones in the car, with plastic bag for the kids for car sickness. Hope this helps, Ellen from TN (03/15/2009)

By ellensplace

Plastic Baby Food Containers
Uses for Plastic Baby Food Containers
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🎉
🎄