Crate Training a Puppy

I have a question about crate training. My 9 week old puppy will sleep in his crate at night time, but will not go into it during the day. I have tried and all he does is cry really loud and scratch at the door. I am worried that he will hurt himself, and because of this have not put him in it during the day.

He has only been with us for three days. I work midnights and need to use it during the day, while I sleep, so I need to resolve this problem soon. Any advice would be appreciated.

Murphy the Whoodle

By Rachelle and Chris from Windsor, Ontario

Crate Training a Puppy

Do you expect your puppy to sleep all night in a crate and then be in the same crate all day while you sleep? That's a little much, don't you think? My suggestion is to get some baby gates, the kind that are tension controlled, and make a safe place in the kitchen. Anywhere there is a tiled or vinyl floor for easy clean up. Put the puppy there in the daytime, he needs room to stretch his legs, give him some toys, water, and a soft bed to lie down on. I would even put the radio on low so he has company. (06/22/2010)

By Deborah570

Crate Training a Puppy, Young Papillon in a crate.
Crate Training a Puppy
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
Puppy in Crate
Puppy Poops in Crate
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover