Crayon Stain In Dishwasher

My 18 month old son put a crayon in the bottom of my dishwasher, and I didn't see it there until after the dishwasher had been run through. The inside of the door and the bottom of my dishwasher is now stained green, and the drain has a lot of goopy wax on it. I ran it though a cycle with bleach, and that seemed to help a little. I am renting the place I am currently living in, and this is a new dishwasher, so I would hate to have to replace it when I move! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Emily D.

Answers:

Crayon Stain In Dishwasher

Try some Goo-Gone (at Walmart) for the waxy residue. The new product by Mr. Clean for getting spots off walls may take out the stain. (11/09/2004)

Crayon Stain In Dishwasher

I totally recommend Bar Keeper's Friend. You can get it at WalMart and Raley's. Check out their site too. Barkeepersfriend.com Mix it as a paste with water. Apply with a toothbrush and cover area needed to be clean. Then allow it to sit for a while. Say, 20 mins. then use your toothbrush in circle motions. It might take a few applications. But you will be amazed what a wonderful cleaning product you have just used! Try it on stainless steel, glass,fiberglass, porcelain and much more. Happy cleaning without strong odor! (11/10/2004)

By Jennifer,CA

Crayon Stain In Dishwasher

When I took out the filter, I noticed I have crayon residue all inside the inner workings of the washer! I assume it is completely coating all the inner plumbing of the dishwasher. Is there anything to run through the dishwasher to clean the inner plumbing? (04/01/2005)

By Steve

Crayon Stain In Dishwasher

Wipe it with a dryer sheet or mr clean eraser with greased lightning. Works in the dryer and washer (08/27/2005)