Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

How can I remove crazy glue from eyeglasses?

Carolyn from Grove, OK

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

Is it on the lens or the frames? A solvent for crazy glue is sold in most stores that sell crazy glue. I'm not sure if it should be used on the lens though, especially if you have plastic ones. Check with your eye care professional and see if they know of a way to clean the lens safely. (07/05/2006)

By Willowinthewinds

Crazy Glue

Depending on where the glue is, I would suggest using nail polish remover. I used to work in an eyeglass place and we used that to remove just about anything from the lenses, I never tried it on the frames. I would also suggest taking it to a place and seeing what they can do (most times it should be free or at least a very small charge). (07/05/2006)

By JourneyofaLifetime

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

I would be very careful about using nail polish remover or any solvent. Most lenses are made of plastic rather than glass these days because it's so much lighter. I would call the store where you got them and ask their advice. (07/11/2006)

By Claudia- MD

Crazy Glue on Eyeglasses

I just rubbed alcohol with a lens cleaner and it worked very well. It took some time though. (06/10/2008)

By denise

Super Glue on Eyeglasses
Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses
Prescription Eyeglasses Sitting on Eye Chart
Saving Money on Prescription Eyeglasses
Reusing An Eyeglasses Case, Empty Eyeglass Case
Reusing An Eyeglasses Case
Cleaning eyeglasses with a cloth.
Cleaning Eyeglasses
Loctite Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Eyeglasses