Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe

I need a recipe for making cream of mushroom soup. And does it freeze well?

Deborah from MS Gulf Coast

Answers:

Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe

Try this, it gets great reviews:

Cream of Mushroom Soup

1. 5 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 8oz. containers)
  2. 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  3. 1/2 cup chopped onion
  4. 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
  5. 3 tablespoons butter
  6. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  7. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  8. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  9. 1 cup fat-free half-and-half

In a large heavy saucepan, saute onion until translucent, then add mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in the broth and thyme sauteing for about 10 more minutes.

1. In blender or food processor, puree 1/2 the mixture. Set aside.
  2. In the saucepan, melt the butter, whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the salt, pepper, half and half and vegetable puree and reminder of the mushroom mixture. Stirring constantly, bring soup to a boil and cook until thickened. Adjust seasonings to taste.

I'm not sure about freezing it since it has cream in it; it might separate. (01/21/2009)

By Marnita

Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe

I have been freezing this recipe for years. It has a tendency to break, so what I do, I do for two reasons. The first is for taking up less space in the freezer, and secondly for having a much thicker soup.
I cook the mushrooms and the beef broth, spices and freeze them flat. Vacuum. When I'm ready for the soup. Thaw the mushroom mixture add the white sauce. It is a surprisingly delicious soup.

Cream of Mushroom Soup

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • sea salt, to taste
  • Dash white pepper
  • 3 cups light cream or milk (I use evaporated milk)
  • 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed beef broth undiluted (I use 1 beef bouillon cube 10.5 oz water)
  • 1 can water
  • onion powder, to taste
  • basil, to taste
  • 1 small bay leaf
  • 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and coarsely chopped

Method

Melt butter in large saucepan. Blend in flour. Cook and stir over low heat 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in salt and pepper. Slowly stir in cream so mixture remains smooth. Heat and stir over medium heat until thickened. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in medium-size saucepan. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Slowly stir mushrooms and liquid into cream sauce. Correct seasoning. Heat through. Makes 6 servings
(01/21/2009)

By BABBIE

Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipes
White Lasagna
White Lasagna Recipes
A bowl of cream soup.
Healthy Substitutes for Cream of Mushroom Soup
broth based mushroom soup
Mushroom Soup Recipes
Mushroom Dip
Mushroom Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄