Create Display Shelves Above Windows

Create Display Shelves Above Windows
I had collected many tin containers and had no place to display them. We decided to put small shelves over the windows in the guest bedroom to serve as display shelves. It also frames the windows and makes them look a little more substantial. We then mounted the valance inside the window frame. This gives you some added shelf space if you have limited space.

By Susan from Mulberry, FL

Answers:

Create Display Shelves Above Windows

Very nice idea! Thanks. (02/03/2009)

By Dibbs

Create Display Shelves Above Windows

Great idea! My husband is going to kill me when I tell him I need these! Thanks for the post! (02/03/2009)

By marisa0407

Create Display Shelves Above Windows

I love your idea! I had thought about doing the same over my patio doors in my kitchen, I NEVER have enough display space! Maybe I just have too much to display! LOL! (02/03/2009)

By Jawga

Create Display Shelves Above Windows

I did the same thing, only for the "brackets" I used decorative gingerbread for the corners of a wooden screen door so that I could put my decorative curtain rod-pole through them. I have wooden blinds and lace valances. Around the edge of the shelving we put decorative wooden trim that looks like rope. They look great and the best part is that you can make these custom to fit any size window. (02/04/2009)

By Lynn

Create Display Shelves Above Windows

Using the gingerbread sounds good Lynn. There are so many different ways to do these shelves above the windows to make them just the way you want. Have fun, it's a really easy project. (02/05/2009)

By Susie

Create Display Shelves Above Windows

Now there's a fresh idea, I like that! (02/05/2009)

By kimhis

Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Above Ground Pool
Winterizing an Above Ground Pool
🎄
🍂