Creating a Personalized Diet Plan

Category Dieting
Personalized Diet Plan
As we know a diet is often difficult to stick to and gain lasting results. This is a guide about creating a personalized diet plan.

I cannot afford the well-known diet food plans that we see on television. Can anyone give me some advice on how to create an easy diet menu, similar to Jenny Craig or Nutri System, based on foods that you can buy at the supermarket? I know that there are frozen low cal dinners, etc. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks.

By Gooby from Straughn, IN

Answers

Best Answer

Eat plenty of veggies and fruit and keep meat the size of a deck of cards. I eat no red meat. I bake my corn bread, eat just a small piece about the size of my 2 fingers, lots of water, very little sweets, walk at least 30 minutes every day. It works for me, good luck.

Best Answer

I am a Weight Watchers lady. I too had the same question. This is what I did, I saved all my containers from Lean Cuisine and Weight Watcher meals. I bought my self a Weight Watchers cook book. I made the meals up and divided them by portion in the containers. I wrapped them and froze them. when ready to eat them just pop in the microwave for 4 minutes. The cook book gives you all the points and calorie information.

Best Answer

I did Jenny Craig a while ago and lost weight from it. It's very simple actually - 3 meals and 2 snacks daily. They didn't count calories but I figured out that it's about 1,200-1,500 calories a day.

With the abundance of low cal, low fat products out there you can do the same. WW has lots of dessert snacks - these help me A LOT on diets when I need a little sweet at night. I buy the 1 point cakes, heat them in the microwave and serve with frozen fruit (defrosted, of course) like dark cherries and a little redi-whip. YUM... and only about 150 calories.

Like everyone has said - fruits, veggies, water, exercise are the way to go but sometimes you want something more. Increasing fiber is good as well, since it fills you up and helps reduce hunger pangs. However, if you increase fiber, it's a good idea to increase water consumption.

I stick to it for 6 days and go off a little one day a week and have a slice of pizza or something. Then I make sure to get back on the diet the next day.

The best advice is not to deprive yourself and do what works for you.

You can find amazing resources at: www.mypyramid.gov