Creative Ideas for Displaying Keepsakes

Category Miscellaneous
Man Holding Keepsake from Paris
There are many kinds of things that can be collected to remind you of a special experience, and easy, fun ways to display them. This is a guide about creative ideas for displaying keepsakes.

This is not quite what you would call a tip or hint, but this might help someone else going through what I am.

Recently, I had to move far away from my four children and eleven grandchildren due to my medical illnesses. To help me remember them, the best was to put up a few small things I have that belong to each of my amazing grandchildren and the plaque you see. I purchased it three Christmases ago, one for each of my kids' families and one for mine. This I treasure.

"God Bless" anyone who has family living away from you. You have my blessings. If anyone here has any good ideas for me, please post them. Thank you.

This is a super easy craft and an attractive way to display unusual collectibles.

Materials

Directions

I made the Ivy bowl to display crystals that Ed (my husband) and Anna found and gave to me from a hike in the woods. Ed brought the little prospector back from a conference out West and gave to me as a keep-sake for my shadow box. Anna had been sand painting and had some sand left over.

1. I took the sand and layered it in the bottom of the ivy bowl.
  2. On top of the sand I arranged my treasures.

You see the result. I've had a lot of compliments on it. I also have a display of shells and sand dollars done in the same way. To keep dust out of the display, I placed a clean medium size cup lid (from a McDonalds cup) at the top of the bowl. I put the lid upside and it fits nicely in the neck of the bowl.

There are a lot of attractive ways of displaying unusual items. Just use your imagination.

Happy Crafting!

By Ann Davis from Conway, AR

We have a few show dogs and I am decorating the spare bedroom (dog room) to put up our dog pictures, rewards and memorabilia. Any ideas on how to decorate, paint, etc?

Lynn from Tennessee

I saw this the other day on tv and though you would probably have to go larger, I think this method would showcase the awards fantastic. They used a contrasting color from opposite walls in a room to paint color blocks on the opposing walls. Then they took white molding to make a frame around the painted block of color, and then put the couple's artwork inside. It really makes it pop and stand out and it looks great! I think this would work for your room. You'll have to watch all the way to end to see the results, but check out this video on Rachael Ray's website.

http://www.rach  job-intervention

Good luck!