Crickets Inside House

How do you get rid of crickets? I live in an older house. Crickets keep getting inside and they keep me awake at night. It's driving me crazy right now. I try to catch him, but he just gets quiet and hops away only to start up later. I'm going nuts, please help.

bailegirl from Reidsville, NC

Answers:

Crickets Inside House

What my husband and I do in this case is triangulate the sound in the room to locate the cricket. Then we get the vacuum and start sucking all in that general area. We usually get him on the first try. They can be very loud and annoying in the house, can't they? One thing is that you have to be very quiet and still while trying to locate them because they hush up if you're moving around. Hope that helps. (10/13/2008)

By susan matthews

Crickets Inside House

I am sad to give this info because I love crickets and wish I had some in and around my home but since they are bothersome for you:

To get rid of crickets, mix some molasses and vanilla extract or lemon juice in water. Crickets are lured to this bait and they drown in it. Be sure to plug up any holes in the house where they are getting in. (10/13/2008)

By Deeli

Crickets Inside House

http://www.pestproducts.com/pests/housecricket.htm

I googled cricket bait, and got this website. It will help if you can afford the bait. Crickets inside your home might seem like good fortune to some, but if they are robbing you of sleep, you can start getting into serious trouble, and that is not good fortune!

The website gives you some suggestions on how to keep them out, too. This is obviously a problem with others or they wouldn't have a website to help out. There were lots of them there, so check out google and put in cricket bait and see what you find. Good luck! (10/14/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Crickets Inside House

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will try them out, and hopefully will soon actually be getting some sleep. I knew that I could count on my ThriftyFun family; you guys always have the best suggestions! I'll let you know if I get any results. (10/14/2008)

By bailegirl

Cricket on white
Getting Rid of Crickets in the House
Woman Showing Cricket to Children
Crickets as Pets
Cricket on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Crickets Outside
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch
🎄