Crocheted Baby Blanket Patterns and Ideas

Category Blankets
Crocheted Baby Blanket
There are so many beautiful patterns for crocheted baby blankets. They are fun to make for your baby or as a gift. This is a guide about crocheted baby blanket patterns and ideas.

The original pattern found on Lion Brand Yarn, Pound of Love, package called for a blanket with a hood. I decided to omit the hood. It was in one color. I also used contrasting matching colors to add stripes to the afghan. This is a shell pattern.

Approximate Time: 12 hours

Instructions:

The size is 40x32 inch

1. Chain 108.

2. Row 1: 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook. *skip 2 ch, 1 sc and 2 dc in next ch; rep from * across, ending with skip 2 ch. 1sc in last ch. Ch2, turn.

2. Row 2: 2 dc in first sc, *skip 2 dc, 1 sc and 2 dc in next sc; rep from * across, ending with 1 sc in top of turning ch. Ch2, turn.

3. Repeat row 2 for pattern until desired length.

By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH

To make this beautiful baby blanket, you will need: ten different colors of yarn, a crochet hook, and scissors. I simply followed the traditional granny square method. It takes about 4 hours to complete and you will need 2 balls of each color yarn.

I am looking for a pattern for baby afghan from the Mary Maxim catalog. It is called Peaceful Pastels afghan. It is a rainbow of baby colors and is crochet. The design is a star shape and the rainbow appears by itself when the work is crocheted. You use 2 stands of yarn together when working afghan. Anyone out there who can help me?

Lori from Appleton, WI

I don't have exactly what you are looking for but I may be able to help you. These two websites are connected.

http://www.bevs  com/afghans.html

has lots of afghan patterns, this next website

http://www.bevs  ge.com/baby.html

has lots of baby patterns of all kinds, not just afghans and not all knit and crochet. Once you get to the website go to the section "Baby Blankets". The first listing is for "Beth's Little Star Afghan". If you are a fairly experienced crocheter you can probably figure out how to get a rainbow effect by changing the colors. Good Luck!

I am also looking for this pattern I saw it and loved it! If you found it will you please let me know where I can find it I would love to make this for my sister who is having her first child in May. Thank you! Ellie

Lori,

We are sorry, but this is a copyrighted pattern, and it is against the law to post it online as has been done. We have contacted the website to have the pattern removed. As you can see, if all the patterns we work to design, test, choose just the right yarn for the pattern, pay to have that yarn shipped to us, etc. were available at no charge, we would be out of business in a hurry!

Editor's Note: The pattern she is referring to has been removed.

Can anyone help me looking for the pattern for the afghan peaceful pastels? Would like to make it for my granddaughter. Thanks a lot.

texangel43 AT sbcglobal.net

Why doesn't Mary Maxim sell their patterns in a book rather than only with a kit? The kits are reasonably priced but sometimes I"d rather buy my own yarn! I had bought this kit once upon a time but after I made it, I can't remember what I did with the piece of paper. Books are a lot more durable.

Go to their website and request their catalog or you can find the afghan that your looking for as well.

With the help of other people on line they directed me to http://project-  roundripple.html The picture is so close to the Mary Maxim that I will be trying it my self. Hope this is helpful for all of you because it satisified me.

I am looking for easy crocheted hats and baby blankets patterns.

Patty from New York

Go to any search engine and type in patterns for crocheted hats and baby blankets.

Lots and lots of patterns out there all you have to do is look.

If you can't find something on this page, it doesn't exist!

http://www.myhq  c/r/crochetpoet/

There are more links on this page than you will ever need.

Most craft stores have online sites, with free patterns available. I've gotten some off of Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, etc.

As mentioned above - do a search for free patterns.

Have a look on this site:

http://www.croc  terncentral.com/

The patterns are all free - you should be able to find something you like.

I have made several simple crochet baby afghans by doing the basic Granny Square with a size P crochet hook and continuing with the Granny Square, using 6-7 skeins of yarn. It really depends on how big you decide that you want it to be. I have used the Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn for a few and it really crochets up pretty and frilly with little puffs of cotton! They make an adorable gift for a baby girl! My favorites colors are the Tutti Frutti and Creamcicle. The larger hook makes it work up really fast. I have also made a couple using Red Heart's camouflage and banana berry (variegated blue, yellow and green) for baby boys. Their dads appreciate not having frilly items for their boys! I hope that this idea helps.

I am looking for a pattern or kit for a triple crochet shell baby afghan. I bought a kit many years ago but now can't find a kit or pattern. Can anyone help me? The shells sit on top of each other so a circle is formed.

Sandra from Red Creek, NY

Go to freepatterns.com

http://www.croc  by_selection.php

this is another great place, with literally 1000's of patterns.

Try going to:

http://knitting-crochet.com/

They have a place where you can post what you are looking for. Click on "Keep on Learning" and then "Find and Seek" and then post your request. All the ladies crochet and knit and they are wonderful at finding patterns for others.

Harriet

Does anyone know where I can get the pattern for this shell baby blanket? Thanks.

By Janice from IA

Answers

Go to-scribd.com/tag/crochet baby blanket pattern-hope this is what you are looking for, good luck.

Anonymous

Didn't work.

I am looking for a easy ripple crochet baby blanket pattern.

Kathy

Google: free easy ripple crochet baby blanket pattern.

Crochet hook size G

Several colors of soft 4 ply worsted yarn (about 20 oz yarn total)

Baby Sized - Chain 152

ROW 1: 2 sc into 2nd ch from the hook. *Sc into next 6 ch, skip 2, sc into each of next 6 chs, 3 sc into next ch, repeat from * 8 more times. Sc in next 6 ch, skip 2, sc in next 6 ch, 2 sc in last ch. Ch 1, turn. (RIGHT SIDE)

Row 2: from now on sc in the back loop of each stitch. 2 sc in first sc, *sc in each of next 6 sc, skip 2 sc, sc in next 6 sc, 3 sc in next sc (which should be the middle of the 3 sc of row 1). Repeat from * 8 more times. Then sc in next 6 sc, skip 2, sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in last sc, ch 1 and turn. Repeat row 2 for the entire afghan.

Repeat Row 2 throughout. Finished blanket should measure about 4' long or desired length. Change colors after every 4 rows or so. This is a very flexible pattern.

I have seen ripples with color changes mid-row.... just depends on the look you want.

""""""

I'm looking for a pattern for a single skein blankie. It was in Crochet Today. It is an easy baby blankie pattern. Thank you.

By Rose from IL

I looked on their site but they only have it for sale as a magazine back issue for 5.99:

http://www.croc  le-skein-blankie

There is a picture, maybe someone will have a similar pattern for you. Or there are a bunch of one skein projects here for crochet that include baby blankets and afghans: http://craftibl  -skein-projects/

Craft Project: Crocheted Baby Afghan

Measures approximately 30x36 inches. I used a random color and stripe pattern.

Pattern was found on the back of the yarn package.

Approximate Time: 2 weeks

• 1 6 oz. skein pink Bernat sport weight Tricot leger yarn
  • 1 6 oz. skein white baby yarn
  • Crochet hook size G
  • scissors

Instructions:

Chain 196 sts

Row 1: 1 dc in 3rd ch from hook, 2 dc in next ch,* skip 3 ch, 1 sc in next ch, ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 3 ch, rep from * to last 4 ch, skip 3 ch, 1 sc in last ch. TURN.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 2 dc in first sc, *skip 3 dc, 1 sc in first ch of ch-3, ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 2 ch, 1 dc in next sc, rep from * ending skip 2 dc, 1 dc in top of turning chain. TURN.

Repeat row 2 until afghan measures 36" or as long as you wish.

Each time you change colors tie off at the end and continue with new color on the next row.

Sc around the edge and tuck in all loose ends. Fasten off.

By Donna from Millbury, OH