Crocheted Christmas Tree Decoration

Category Crafts
Crochet Christmas Tree Decoration
A fun, table tree can be crocheted for the holidays. This guide is about crochet Christmas tree decoration.

This is the time of year we start thinking about the holidays. This is one of those little projects you can make part of ahead. If you have the yarn, but not the forms, no problem. You can make the yarn up and put it on the form at a later date.

• 1 crochet hook size I
  • yarn of your choice
  • beadwork or beads or mini Christmas tree ornaments from the dollar store or thrift shops
  • hot glue
  • straight pins
  • Styrofoam tree form 6 inches

1. You can work this project in two different patterns. I used a thicker stitch, but I will do it differently from now on. Here are the two methods.

Option 1: Chain the 175 and make 2 DC in each chain. Chain 4 and turn. Make a slip stitch in each of the DCs across and break the chain.

Option 2: Chain the 175 and make 1 Dc and chain 1 between, then make the second DC in same stitch. This makes it a bit more frilly and also saves you time and yarn.

2. At the base of the tree form, simply pin the end of the work anywhere. Begin wrapping it around, pinning every 2-3 inches.

Don't worry if the pins don't match the yarn, as the next row will cover it.
  3. Ad
  4. When you get to the top, you might have some left over or be a bit short. If that is the case, simply back up a bit and make the rows closer or farther apart.
  5. Ad
  6. When you finish wrapping at the top, pin the end and make sure that is in the back. My forms had a flat top which isn't optimal. I like the ones that are pointed at the top, so try and find those.
  7. I embellished the trees with little green and white beaded strands and some red beads, with a blue ball sunk down in the top.

You can make this with any color of yarn, even pastels with little Easter eggs on it. Why not, right?