Crocheted Lego Tissue Box Cover Pattern

Category Patterns
Lego Tissue Box Cover - finished box cover
A timely twist on the traditional crochet tissue box cover, this Lego version is fun to make and even more to display or gift. This page contains a crocheted Lego tissue box cover pattern.

Legos are so popular now, wouldn't this be a cool gift for someone?

Total Time: 3 Hours

Yield: 1

• 3 oz color yarn of your choice
  • size I hook
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • darning needle
  • 1 tissue box

1. For my box, I chained 41. When you are crocheting a stitch for every chain, you always start out with 1 more than you need as it gets "used up" skipping a chain for the first stitch.

Then make a single crochet on the rest of the chain. Repeat this till you have reached the half-way mark on the top of the box. For mine it was 7 rows, but yours might be a bit more. I think this is the biggest box of tissue you can get so measure accordingly.
  2. Measure 7 (as needed) from each end. Make your row to that mark, then chain as many as you would if you were continuing the row, then attach at the other mark and crochet the last of the row.
  3. Ad
  4. You have make the slit for the tissue. Continue back and forth for another 7 rows till your top is the right size.
  5. NOTE: Sometimes your work doesn't exactly match the size you need. Remember it is better to be slightly smaller than too big.
  6. I chose to go vertical instead of horizontal. So I chained 12 and made a single in the first stitch and skipped a chain, making a single in the 3rd chain. Repeat this to the end and keep going till you have enough to go around. I marked the long side and then the short and the long again with some scrap yarn.
  7. Ad
  8. It helps to not have to count your rows each time.
  9. NOTE: The stitch I used for the bottom is a linen stitch. You always start with an even number on the chain unlike the top where you have to start with an odd number.
  10. Ad
  11. Sew the side seam and then, with the box inside, sew the top to the sides. There might be a time when you find the side pieces are a bit more stitches then the top. You may need to sew two stitches on the top with the one stitch on the side, or vice versa. No one will know.
  12. Lego circles: Chain 2, 6 singles in the first chain. Join and chain 1. Make a single in that first stitch and 2 in each one around for 12. Join and chain 1. Turn right side out and now make 1 single in each stitch for 12 and join, repeating that row once. Cut tails and tie inside. Make 8 of those. With your darning needle, do a gather stitch around the top of each one and cinch them up and trim the tails.
  13. Ad
  14. With your hot glue gun, position them like a Lego brick and glue them on.
  15. NOTE: If you find that your cover doesn't go all the way down the box, you have two options. Get a box that is a bit shorter, or crochet one or two rows around the bottom. I did this for mine. It's a lot easier than taking out the bottom of your work. And, I also knew that 14 would be too long so sometimes you have to compromise and do a bit of "altering". N-JOY!
  16. Ad

That was supposed to be a "bit" shorter. That's what I get for typing after a long day.

I fixed it in the original post. :)

Well of course you did! You rock!!

Anonymous

I am not sure why the photo didn't load but hope you all opened up the post!!