DessertsBaking & Desserts

Crockette Dessert Recipes

Does anyone have dessert recipes for the small crockettes?

rival.com and crock-pot.com both have recipes.

I have used the 2qt to make a recipe my sister-in-law gave us, but you could cut it in half for the 1qt., just store the rest of the cake mix and pie filling in zip bags in the freezer for next time. For the 1qt, use one half box of cake mix, 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, and one half can of pie filling. Melt the butter in microwave or stove top. Mix in the cake mix. Spray the crock with "pam" type spray. Dump in half the can of pie filling, and spoon the cake mixture on top. Cover and cook for about 3 hours, will be a great, rich dessert.

I vary the flavors depending on season, in Spring, use Lemon cake mix and blueberry pie filling. In Fall, use spice cake mix, with apple pie filling, or French Vanilla cake mix with pumpkin pie filling. Our favorite is white or yellow cake mix with cherry pie filling.

Of course, if you already have the fruit, you could make your own 'pie filling' by cooking the fruit down with sugar and cornstarch, and any spices you like. I just use the cheapest, pre-made fillings that I can find, when I find a sale, I stock up on them.

Hope you find lots more ideas!