Crockpot Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
Very little prep time and really tasty. The chicken is cooked without the skin, so it is healthy as well.
Total Time: 20 minutes, plus 6 hours cooktime in crockpot
Source: Adapted from www.myrecipes.com
- 1 large onion, sliced
- cooking spray
- 2 lb baby carrots
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme or 1 tablespoon of fresh dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 6 skinned bone-in chicken thighs
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray.
- Cut the onion in slices, and place in crockpot.
- Cut the potato in rounds, and place on top of the onion.
- Place the carrots on top of the potatoes.
- Combine broth, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Combine paprika, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken.
- Place the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
- Cover the crockpot. Cook on low 6 hours, or until chicken and vegetables are done.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!