Crockpot Hot Dogs and Chili

I am looking for a recipe for hot dogs and chili made in a slow cooker. I had one, but lost it. Please help.

By Kathy C

You can make any chili recipe in the crock pot. As far as hot dogs go, google it and you will find directions someplace. I found directions for hot dogs several years ago, I just don't have it handy and can't look for it right now.

Here is a simple, yet yummy recipe my family enjoys. I prefer to brown my dogs in a pan or under the broiler first as it adds flavor and texture. The cheddar soup is optional as well, but if you have a can available it makes this dish a little richer. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

10 hot dogs

30 oz chili

34 oz cheddar cheese soup (condensed cheddar cheese soup undiluted)

10 buns (split)

1 onion (chopped)

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place hot dogs in crock pot.

In a bowl, combine the chili and soup and pour over hot dogs.

Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Serve hot dogs in buns. Top with chili mixture, onion and cheese.

Here's one similar to the recipe already posted. (Personally I would reserve a bit of the chopped onions for this one to use as a topping along with the shredded cheese before serving.)

1 pound hot dogs

1 large onion, chopped finely

2 cans chili with beans (15 oz each)

1 teaspoon chili powder

4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

hot dog rolls

Combine hot dogs, chopped onion, chili, and chili powder in the slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 9 hours, or high 3 to 4 hours. Spoon sauce over hot dogs in rolls and top each with a little shredded cheese. Serves 6 to 8.

Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotMay 31, 2011
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub