CrockpotRecipes

Crockpot Hot Dogs and Chili

I am looking for a recipe for hot dogs and chili made in a slow cooker. I had one, but lost it. Please help.

By Kathy C

You can make any chili recipe in the crock pot. As far as hot dogs go, google it and you will find directions someplace. I found directions for hot dogs several years ago, I just don't have it handy and can't look for it right now.

Here is a simple, yet yummy recipe my family enjoys. I prefer to brown my dogs in a pan or under the broiler first as it adds flavor and texture. The cheddar soup is optional as well, but if you have a can available it makes this dish a little richer. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

10 hot dogs

30 oz chili

34 oz cheddar cheese soup (condensed cheddar cheese soup undiluted)

10 buns (split)

1 onion (chopped)

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Method

Place hot dogs in crock pot.

In a bowl, combine the chili and soup and pour over hot dogs.

Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Serve hot dogs in buns. Top with chili mixture, onion and cheese.

Here's one similar to the recipe already posted. (Personally I would reserve a bit of the chopped onions for this one to use as a topping along with the shredded cheese before serving.)

1 pound hot dogs

1 large onion, chopped finely

2 cans chili with beans (15 oz each)

1 teaspoon chili powder

4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese

hot dog rolls

Combine hot dogs, chopped onion, chili, and chili powder in the slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 9 hours, or high 3 to 4 hours. Spoon sauce over hot dogs in rolls and top each with a little shredded cheese. Serves 6 to 8.