Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I am not a crafty person, but I'm interested in making a quilt or throw out of Crown Royal liquor bags. I've never made a quilt before and don't know where to start. I don't own a sewing machine. Do I need one?

Or does anyone know where I can purchase a new or used quilt or throw made of Crown Royal bags?

Jo in TN from Jackson, TN

Answers:

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I own an alteration shop and we do miscellaneous things like this. We had a man bring us hundreds of those large Crown Royal bags. I cut them into a square and made a quilt for him. We also made him curtains. Yes, you will need a sewing machine. I cut them into squares and them sewed them all together to make the quilt top. I then sewed it to a large piece of material to make the back and then knotted the quilt with some yarn.
Nancy
(11/09/2005)

By Nancy Toepfer

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

When you make the quilt, be aware that the bags are only going to be the top of the quilt. You will still need a layer of lining and a bottom (like a sandwich).
Sounds like you are a novice sewer and this is something most newbies are not aware of.

The lining needs to be as washable as the bags. So if the bags are dry-cleanable, the lining needs to be, too. Ditto for the bottom of the quilt.

You can contact Crown Royal and see if anyone knows how to wash the bags. Measure a bag before washing, wash it, put it in the dryer and see if it shrank or shredded. If you wash something white with it, see if the color bled. (11/10/2005)

By cookwie

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I just finished my Crown quilt, it turned out great. The hardest part was figuring out a pattern. I would just use your imagination and make your own, that's what makes the quilt special! Good Luck!! (11/14/2005)

By Autum

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I am working on a Crown Royal bag quilt (for almost 1 1/2 yrs.) and I have had a lot of problems with my pattern. I cut the bags close to the seams and I am trying to use the gold, but I am having a problem with it laying flat. I think I sewed too far down the scallop, which make it bulky. I have sewed and picked so much thread, that I have had to put it away for awhile. I have it laid out again and attempting it again. (12/31/2006)

By Cyndi

Making Crown Royal Bag Quilts
Making Crown Royal Bag Quilts
Royal Icing Recipes
Royal Icing Recipes
Installing Crown Molding, Crown Molding Ready to be Installed
Installing Crown Molding
Child's Crown
Making a Child's Crown
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄