Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I am looking for a pattern or instructions for making a Crown Royal quilt, using just the bags.

By Shedevil777 from Starkville, MS

Answers:

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I am just cutting up the bags and using the size that I can get out of each bag, that shows the Crown Royal wording. I am sewing these on white blocks, but think gold might be prettier, then I will use the sides of the bag for the binding. Hope that helps. (09/17/2009)

By Johnnie

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I saw a quilt at the show in Sisters, OR this summer with squares made from the logo and the other side. It looked like a checkerboard. I have managed to collect a few of these bags and will wash them on delicate, then cut apart. I found it was not worth the time to unstitch them. I was able to get a star block from one bag 10.5 inches finished. I used the Ohio Star pattern from the book - Around the Block with Judy Hopkins. I used a gold batik for the background, my son wants me to try black so there will be more experimenting before a final design is achieved. I was unable to center the logo in the center of this square without piecing or making the overall square smaller, will try piecing the center block next. (09/18/2009)

By quiltnut1953