Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I am looking for instructions on how to make a quilt out of Crown Royal bags.

Sharon from KS

Answers:

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

While I haven't made a quilt from Crown Royal bags, I do have a good deal of experience sewing with them. I am an member of a Mardi Gras krewe and one year decided that I wanted a vest made out of Crown Royal bags to wear to parades and parties. I saved about 3 dozen bags and carefully cut them apart. I saved every piece of the bag. I ironed each piece flat and stitched them together into pieces of fabric that were big enough to cut out my pattern pieces. To help make the most of the bags, I used the back part (without the embroidery) to cut squares that went in between the embroidered parts. I made the vest as the pattern instructions called for, lining it with a purple satin fabric. I used the gold drawstrings from the bag to make a looped fringe to trim the collar of the vest. I even used one of the drawstring parts of a bag to make a drawstring at the back of the vest (where a buckle would be on a man's vest). I got SO MANY compliments on my vest! I kept saving Crown Royal bags and the next year I made a beautiful shawl to go with the vest -I used the same construction techniques and lined it with the same purple satin. I wear my vest and shawl with black slacks and a black blouse for casual parties and functions, and I've even worn them with a long black skirt and evening blouse for a Mardi Gras ball. A friend of mine made me a Mardi Gras necklace using the caps from the Crown Royal bottles, along with a tiny Crown Royal bottle. And, of course, I don't have to worry about what purse to use... a Crown Royal bag matches perfectly!

A note: I am an experienced sewer and I don't think that this kind of project is a good one for a beginner. Also, the fabric that Crown Royal bags are made of is not very high quality and would not hold up well with lots of heavy use or regular washing. I have my garments dry cleaned to keep them looking their best. (11/11/2005)

By Barb

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I am making one now. I am using the Drunkards Path pattern. It required making the template smaller. So more bags and material is required. I will post picture when I can on my space. I will let everyone know where to check it out. Thanks. (01/30/2007)

By gail

Crown Royal Bag Quilt

I have made several quilts out of the bags using the front of the bag for the top and the back of the bag for the bottom, I also made matching body hug pillow cases using the bags, They were beautiful and sell really well.

Marty (05/18/2007)

By marmahawk

Making Crown Royal Bag Quilts
Making Crown Royal Bag Quilts
Royal Icing Recipes
Royal Icing Recipes
Installing Crown Molding, Crown Molding Ready to be Installed
Installing Crown Molding
Child's Crown
Making a Child's Crown
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄